Josie is the oldest daughter of Troy Bartels and Tricia Bartels. Josie was named as this year's Homecoming Queen; she listed riding in the Avera helicopter to the homecoming football game as the most memorable experience! Other memorable H-BC experiences, but memorable for embarrassment purposes, include the time that Mr. Blosmo carried her down the steps after stepping on a tack causing her foot to bleed or the time she threw up on Parker! Josie works in Sioux Falls at Avera's Prince of Peace in dietary and can often be found there on weekends or spending time with her family and friends.
Other fun facts about Josie:
- Favorite gym activity: Anything with the parachute!
- Looking forward to the most this year: Graduation
- Favorite School Lunch: Italian Dunkers
- Life lesson advice to underclassmen: Always be nice and smile!
- Bucket list items: Visiting the Maldives and Santorini
- Top three qualities in a friend: Honest, Supportive, Caring
Josie plans to pursue a career in the healthcare industry. We wish you the best of luck and are so proud of you, Josie!